Q: What do 100 year old knitting patterns and a lost Robert Louis-Stevenson story have in common?
A: A digitally preserved newspaper page.
Q: What about if you add:
- URIs for knitting materials
- William Blake‘s Engravings
- The similarities/differences between XMPP, HTTP and NNTP
- Web crawling as data integration
- Project coordination with rooms on FriendFeed
- brewing Kombucha
A: Just a typical lunch time conversation at Pete’s with a couple people I work with. The cool thing (for me) is that this is normal, involves a host of smart/interesting characters, and is routinely encouraged. I love my job.
q & a by Ed Summers, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.